Blue Marble Global Payroll is looking for an enthusiastic individual seeking to start or expand his/her career into the global payroll industry. As a Software Engineer, you will be working alongside other members of the Product Development Team to deliver the technology behind our global payroll solutions.
We are committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Our Software Engineers are responsible for building functionality on our platform by writing code in Ruby on Rails. They would work closely with our Business Analysts, QA, and Architects to deliver high-quality, innovative and fully performing software that complies with coding standards and technical design.
- Write well-designed, testable code
- Design robust, scalable and secure features
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle
- Follow best practices (test-driven development, continuous integration, SCRUM, refactoring and code standards)
- Drive continuous adoption and integration of relevant new technologies into design
- Proven knowledge of software languages such as Ruby, C#, or Python
- Proven work experience or education in software development
- A firm grasp of software analysis and design
- Passion for writing great, simple, clean, efficient code
You might also have
- Knowledge of web frameworks such as Ruby on Rails
- Experience building interactive web applications
- Knowledge of front-end framework such as ReactJS
- Good knowledge of relational databases
- Working knowledge of SQL and NoSQL databases
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or in related field