Uruguay has a population of more than 3 million people, with large industries including tourism, imports and exports. Getting started in Uruguay can be challenging, with varying tax rates and monthly tax payments required.
Labor and Payroll Considerations:
- Employment contracts can be written or verbal
- Employers must register new employees with the Institute of Social Security (BPS)
- Employers must withhold income tax and social security contributions
- Employers must contribute to social security
- Foreign workers intending to work in Uruguay for 6 months or more must obtain a temporary residence permit
To get started in Uruguay, or simplify current operations, you need cloud-based technology with customized reporting. Blue Marble makes it easy to manage employees in 145+ countries with integrated solutions, consulting services, and more. Our hybrid service model gives you a dedicated US team and direct access to in-country experts to help when questions come up. Talk to us today about simplifying your payroll in Uruguay. Click here to learn more