For companies that operate in United Kingdom, we can help simplify payroll with customized reporting while ensuring compliance with United Kingdom tax and payroll requirements.
There are many types of businesses in the UK including sole traders, limited companies and business partnerships, and the UK uses a Pay-As-You-Earn (PAYE) tax system. Employers are required to submit payroll taxes to HMRC (Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs) monthly or quarterly depending on the business.
Employers must comply with PAYE responsibilities including:
- Recording payments of salary, wages, and other pay
- Calculating deductions for taxes and national insurance
- National insurance contributions for employee earnings above £166 per week
- Creating payslips for every employee (new law as of April 6, 2019)
- Reporting all data to HMRC in a Full Payment Submission (FPS)
Brexit changes will be enacted in the later part of 2019, but certain UK policies will not change including:
- Unfair dismissal (new rates enacted as of April 2019)
- Minimum wage requirements (new increase began April 2019)
- Unauthorized deductions from wages
- Statutory redundancy pay
- Paternity and shared parental leave
The UK has unique and challenging payroll and benefit regulations – our combination of US-based and in-country experts can help you navigate payroll and employment laws to ensure compliance in the United Kingdom. Talk to us today about getting your UK payroll under control.