The population of Rwanda is over 12 million people, with thriving tourism, agriculture, fishing, and mining industries. Many types of businesses can be established in Rwanda, and with corporate tax rates depending on the industry and size of the company.
Labor and Payroll Considerations in Rwanda:
- There is no statutory national minimum wage, but typically companies pay RWF 100 per day
- Fixed-term contracts must be written if the duration of the contract is more than 6 months
- Rwanda uses a Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system
- Income tax and social security contributions must be withheld from employee pay
- Foreign workers in Rwanda for 90 days or less must have a Class R Special Pass, but employees working longer than 90 days need a temporary residence permit
To get started in Rwanda, or to simplify your current operations, talk to us. We have created an easy-to-use global payroll platform to manage employees in 145+ countries. Our customized reporting gives you real-time access to your payroll across all countries and currencies, and our hybrid service model provides a US-based team and in-country experts to help when questions come up. Stay compliant and ensure your employees in Rwanda are paid accurately and on time. Click here to learn more about Blue Marble solutions in Rwanda.