Blue Marble Global Payroll is looking for an enthusiastic individual seeking to start or expand his/her career into the global payroll industry. As a Senior Data Integration Engineer, you will be working alongside other members of the Product Development Team to deliver the technology behind our global payroll solutions.
We are committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
The Data Integration Engineer is responsible for the analysis, design, documentation, development, unit testing, and support of Data Integrations and database objects development for software applications.
The Data Integration Engineer would provide support and guidance regarding Data Integration and MySQL best practices and development standards. Follows approved agile methodologies, leading the design and development efforts for the agile team.
- Work closely with other engineers to integrate databases with other applications.
- Responsible for design, development, and implementation of database applications and solutions for managing and integrating data between operational systems, data repositories, and reporting and analytical applications. This includes but is not limited to ETL, stored procedures, views, and functions.
- Recommends and provide guidance regarding Data Integration and database development, MySQL best practices, and standards to the development team members as needed.
- Create and propose technical design documentation which includes current and future functionality, database objects affected, specifications, and flows/diagrams to detail the proposed database and/or Data Integration implementation.
- Has an understanding of the business processes and the technology platform that enables it
- Participates in industry and other professional networks to ensure awareness of industry standards, trends and best practices in order to strengthen organizational and technical knowledge.
- Provides support for investigating and troubleshooting production issues.
- Participate in the establishment of group standards and processes.
- Participates in the Communities of Practice.
- Works continually on improving performance of source code using industry standard methodologies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Information Systems, Computer Science or other similar discipline
- 3+ years MySQL, PostgreSQL, or SQL Server
- 3+ years data integration and reporting technologies and principles
- Advanced knowledge of MySQL including complex SQL queries (ex: using various joins and sub-queries) and best practices
- Experience with index design and SQL performance tuning techniques
- Experience integrating data from structured and unstructured formats: flat files, XML, EDI, JSON, EXCEL
- Working knowledge and experience in online transactional (OLTP) processing and analytical processing (OLAP) databases and schemas
- Basic understanding of object-oriented programming
- Continuous Integration
- Experience with ETL tools
- Experience with Reporting tools